dantemorgan: (Default)
[personal profile] dantemorgan
This is a procrastination post. I have organised my stuff into Piles On The Bed, but the thought of the next stage, Putting Things Away, is not a happy one.


Firstly, I'm reasonably glad I didn't take Lamoriel. It could have been fun in places, and I am sad that I'm still unlikely to get to play her for ages, but taking a character who would rather die than yield is a recipe for perma-death. And to be honest, she'd have probably taken one look at the combination of Katrin, Archibald, Tinker and Caled, and very quickly gone the other way.

I had a lot of fun with Nathalie, but I wish I'd managed to play her for a bit longer. Apparently looking dodgy is the easiest way to get everybody to come up and tell you things... I might write an IC report, but as far as I'm concerned, I achieved what I set out to do, and a bit more besides. Spying is great fun. Yes, it wasn't subtle, but that was sort of the point. Seeing how the Kingdom of Exiles folk reacted to that was just as interesting as the information I got. Some of the highlights, for me-

- Gentle prodding of certain teams towards scavenger hunt trading opportunities
- The conversation with Lomax. She really rather liked him, and I was sad that I couldn't find a bone to give their team
- Spying on Gerrard and Tinker- it was obvious as hell, but great fun
- The dress. So very pretty. I just need to find other excuses to wear it
- The suspicious looks I got while I was wandering around. It was even more entertaining because the only person who challenged me in any way was Archibald, and even then it seemed rather more diplomatic than I was expecting

Other than that, I did a bit of monstering for the linear, and kitchen minioning. I did enjoy the linear- gnolls are always fun (run-around-the-bush to avoid Magma and stealing throwing weapons in particular), and although the cultists were all spoddy as heck, the near-killing of Francis was great. Smithy's heroic dive, the hat stealing, cinematic attempted execution... I'm mostly surprised I managed to sneak up on him while running at full pelt, because he didn't notice me until I started hitting him. Silly druid.

I will say I'm a bit annoyed about the time out on Sunday morning- I'd got up at 5 so I could get a few runs in before I started on breakfast, only to find that wouldn't be starting again until 8, when I'd be busy. I completely understand why- the state of the players in the hut was generally not good- and it wasn't much of a loss since I started cooking earlier than planned, but I would have liked to have tried to murder everybody.

I think I can safely say the monster crew enjoyed watching the shrine-shouting, although I admit we were mostly sniggering at Smithy's strangely girly reaction to Chaos lace, and the failing of the blast-radius exclusion zone.

Kitchen minioning was much the same as normal, although I think I should have made some sort of sign to wave at people who didn't listen. I approve of the lack of burnt crunchy bits left in the pans. I don't approve of non-larper twats doing a series of incredibly twattish things. I also don't approve of all the Too Much Fire incidents, but now I've seen Dave's diffuser trick, I'll know for the future that there's an easier way to cook bacon than holding the pan a foot above the flame while being pelted with boiling oil.

I've seen a few other comments on the pub, and... yeah. Luckily I wasn't starving, but apart from the ridiculous wait, I realized half way through eating that I didn't have cheese or onion rings with my burger. At that point, I just couldn't be doing with complaining, but I can't say it's enamoured me to go back there again. The drive back was long; about half way the tiredness properly hit, but I managed to stay awake until we got back. In my clever state I decided to wait outside until Paul came to collect me- it was only five or ten minutes but I hadn't put anything else on and I was absolutely fucking freezing. By that point I'm pretty sure I was rambling incoherently, which was fun, and I was starting to lose my control over emotional whoosits, which is not fun. Anyway, sleep eventually occurred, and although I have spent the day walking like an eighty year old that's been in a cage fight (and with the same mental capacity), now I can string whole sentences together! Look at me go! (Brain power does not extend to proof-reading at the moment, however.)

In conclusion- generally, lots of fun. I can't think of any specific ways it could have been better, other than the obvious dropping of kitchen minion duties, which isn't an option for me anyway. I really enjoyed getting extra Bader information, to the point where not only am I far too keen on extending Lamoriel's trips there, I am seriously considering playing a Bader character. I think my weirdo memory is helpful, because I can remember a surprising amount of the info-dump, although the fact it was all really interesting was also useful.

((Post slightly edited at the end; some of the original text got eaten by a grue and changed the meaning of what I'd said))

Date: 2014-04-14 04:23 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lilacivy.livejournal.com
I have to ask - what did the non-larper twats do to annoy you?

Date: 2014-04-14 04:45 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] dantemorgan.livejournal.com
It was mostly the group who were using the site after us- they kept walking around, and indeed through, the monster room while Dave and co were trying to clear/clean it, with no apparent regard for us being there. I think it was the same people who came to look around the monster room earlier on in the day to check facilities, which I said was fine, and then proceeded to allow their small children to run around in the bunk rooms while they were full of people's stuff.

Also, the scout group had been using the toilets, and apparently their parents/guardians have yet to teach them important concepts like flushing afterwards. They also used nearly all of the remaining toilet paper, and left at least one cubicle without any.

Profile

dantemorgan: (Default)
dantemorgan

May 2017

S M T W T F S
 12345 6
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 29th, 2026 12:42 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios