dantemorgan: (Default)
[personal profile] dantemorgan
I'm still undecided about the game for Reasons, but nevertheless, I've still managed to stat a character. A character that requires an impractical amount of kit, of course, because why make things easy? But I like the concept, and it could be Fun, or at least, Interesting (I do not think 'fun' is exactly a word that works for the concept). I dunno. So, I was bored, and did a little bit of character writing in the hope it might help me make up my mind at some point. Or maybe I'll just carry on with half-arsed writing attempts that don't finish properly.

-----------------

High above the city, nestled within ancient yellow sandstone, a statue watches the sun set. It watched the sun rise, too, with it's blind stone eyes. Blind, for now at least.

It takes a few hours before the darkness really takes hold; the moon is clouded, and up here the city lights form an ocean below, it's denizens too intent on their own actions to look up. If any of them even noticed the statue existed, it would be surprising. And so, as it awoke, and stretched, and retreated inside the silent church, it was safe in the knowledge that the probability of mortal attention was negligible.

The statue also held the knowledge that it needed to feed. It wasn't 'hungry'- even the concept was alien- but without blood, it would be weakened. This was unacceptable. It lolled towards an opening under the eaves, bending down to gently place the tip of a talon against the floor. It cocked it's head to the side. Only five mortals tonight. One elder, four juveniles. It would suffice, however.

---------

I might write the next part- I started it, but trying to describe 'and then the Gargoyle sinks through the floor and down into the room below and then noms on some choirboys' in fancy shmancey writing was just clunky. Particularly with it (or, as I should have written, but didn't because it would be even more confusing, them) having no gender. And I was also having difficulty working out Gargoyle anatomy (are they hands? They don't *look* like hands...).

Meh.

Profile

dantemorgan: (Default)
dantemorgan

May 2017

S M T W T F S
 12345 6
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 29th, 2026 12:42 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios