I could write a to do list, but that would be fibbing. I much prefer writing lists to actually having to do things, but certain roads are surfaced with novel materials that I'm fairly sure aren't up to building regulations, or something like that.
- Pwetty dress/accessories.
I should have/have ordered everything I need now- I've got dress pattern and fabric and notions, mask making materials, wand materials, many many fake pearls, and (this is probably what I'm most excited about) a hooped petticoat. In theory it shouldn't be too hard to do everything, so I'll probably start next week.
- That dirty word that starts with 'e' and ends with 'xercise'
I suspect this is going to be one of the things that gets put off... The main problem is needing to find something I actually like doing- I'm currently considering going for a few dance-y sort of classes, but then I need to work up the confidence to go and look like a twat in front of a roomful of strangers. I've also been thinking about doing more walking, but that involves battling with Weather, which I'm not a fan of at the best of times.
- Using up fabric
I keep meaning to have a go at patchwork, because I'm really good at keeping any bit of fabric that's over a couple of inches on the basis of 'but I could use it for something!'. I might make a few more 'raggie' type things, because those are easy to do, good at using up fabric, and are actually useful for larp. I know I've got loads of blacks, some white, and probably enough greeny-browny bits to make a scout-type one.
- Sewing machine maintenance
One, I need to learn how to do it properly. Two, I need to actually do it. I've sewn quite a bit of wool and fur since I got my machine, so it's looking a bit fuzzed up, and could do with some oiling too. I should probably look into getting it serviced soon too.
- More reading
I've hardly read anything this year- to start with, I should probably read all the books on my shelf I haven't got round to yet, and then I'll probably work through some sequels, and a few things on the wishlist. At the moment, I'd say I'll have a bash at the rest of the WellWorld series, the Neil Gaimans I haven't got round to yet, the Discworlds I haven't got round to yet, and some Marquis De Sade (yes, I know, but he seems like an *interesting* utter nutcase). I should also go to the library more (or, at all).
- Do The Garden
By do, what I basically mean is 'nuke it from orbit and sow the ground with salt'. It will probably have to wait until it warms up a bit, but I haven't been able to get out there to do battle with the enormous bush since early summer.
- Man up more
I'm definitely not going to be able to look at all convincing if I don't ever try. I should probably start by playing Dante more- although I don't generally go full contouring for larp, it's a good a place as any to start, and at least it gives me a chance to work the hair out. I suspect even with more exercise I can't do anything about the hip/waist ratio, so I'll probably just have to put up with looking like the Michelin man.
- Mounting. Prints, that is...
I have a whole host of natural history sort of prints to mount, mostly Edward Lear and Axel Amuchastegui, and on the off-chance I'm lucky enough to find a non-reprint version of any of the really pretty books, I'd like to learn to mount them properly. It's a good job I've got a blank wall.
If I think of anything else I'll add it, but now my brain is just full of toothache pain and it's really difficult to concentrate...
- Pwetty dress/accessories.
I should have/have ordered everything I need now- I've got dress pattern and fabric and notions, mask making materials, wand materials, many many fake pearls, and (this is probably what I'm most excited about) a hooped petticoat. In theory it shouldn't be too hard to do everything, so I'll probably start next week.
- That dirty word that starts with 'e' and ends with 'xercise'
I suspect this is going to be one of the things that gets put off... The main problem is needing to find something I actually like doing- I'm currently considering going for a few dance-y sort of classes, but then I need to work up the confidence to go and look like a twat in front of a roomful of strangers. I've also been thinking about doing more walking, but that involves battling with Weather, which I'm not a fan of at the best of times.
- Using up fabric
I keep meaning to have a go at patchwork, because I'm really good at keeping any bit of fabric that's over a couple of inches on the basis of 'but I could use it for something!'. I might make a few more 'raggie' type things, because those are easy to do, good at using up fabric, and are actually useful for larp. I know I've got loads of blacks, some white, and probably enough greeny-browny bits to make a scout-type one.
- Sewing machine maintenance
One, I need to learn how to do it properly. Two, I need to actually do it. I've sewn quite a bit of wool and fur since I got my machine, so it's looking a bit fuzzed up, and could do with some oiling too. I should probably look into getting it serviced soon too.
- More reading
I've hardly read anything this year- to start with, I should probably read all the books on my shelf I haven't got round to yet, and then I'll probably work through some sequels, and a few things on the wishlist. At the moment, I'd say I'll have a bash at the rest of the WellWorld series, the Neil Gaimans I haven't got round to yet, the Discworlds I haven't got round to yet, and some Marquis De Sade (yes, I know, but he seems like an *interesting* utter nutcase). I should also go to the library more (or, at all).
- Do The Garden
By do, what I basically mean is 'nuke it from orbit and sow the ground with salt'. It will probably have to wait until it warms up a bit, but I haven't been able to get out there to do battle with the enormous bush since early summer.
- Man up more
I'm definitely not going to be able to look at all convincing if I don't ever try. I should probably start by playing Dante more- although I don't generally go full contouring for larp, it's a good a place as any to start, and at least it gives me a chance to work the hair out. I suspect even with more exercise I can't do anything about the hip/waist ratio, so I'll probably just have to put up with looking like the Michelin man.
- Mounting. Prints, that is...
I have a whole host of natural history sort of prints to mount, mostly Edward Lear and Axel Amuchastegui, and on the off-chance I'm lucky enough to find a non-reprint version of any of the really pretty books, I'd like to learn to mount them properly. It's a good job I've got a blank wall.
If I think of anything else I'll add it, but now my brain is just full of toothache pain and it's really difficult to concentrate...