Well, that was... interesting. My pre-event prediction of 'probably going to get killed by the party' turned out to be 100% accurate. Just not quite in the way I thought.
I still can't say too much about IC events because I don't know how much has been worked out both IC and OC- I know a number of the monster crew have at least a good idea of what happened and why, but I'm guessing a lot of the players don't, and there's still plenty of mileage in this particular branch of shenanigans. Needless to say, Stuff happened, and although it would have been interesting to see the reactions if Stuff did get brought into the open, there's a good chance Lamoriel would have been entirely unplayable afterwards. As it stands, I'm probably going to continue to only bring her out to personal-plot-relevant and roleplay heavy games, because she's too fragile and has too much Stuff to want to risk herself otherwise. Also, her rank is way higher than I'd like.
Please note that the majority of the following was written this morning when I was in even more of a bad mood. I'm *still* in a relatively bad mood (partly post-larp, partly wanting to beat work to death with a hammer and bury it in a shallow grave), but at least I don't have to go back to work until tomorrow, and I've had a lot of sugary tea since then.
IC Good-
-New shinies! Need to wait for the details to be confirmed, but Hilarity will no doubt ensue and may well make certain things... interesting.
-For a brief moment, feeling Heroic. Dark fifteen? Nope! Now eat fire, bitch!
-Making Friends And Manipulating Paladins
-Still not getting found out for... well, anything at all really. Never let it be said that Lamoriel doesn't occasionally listen to advice (thanks, Spirit Animal!)
-Not taking any filthy healing all weekend (Cure Disease doesn't count... she was totally fine...). And only taking buffs for the last hour or so.
-New IC manipulation material. She's hoping to make some Justice followers feel bad. Their sad is her happy.
IC Not Good-
-The Paralysis. Stupid Bad Future...
-The dying.
-Stupid Defenders trying to tell her what to do and not being able to do anything about it. It was hugely tempting to just murder the Will Defender, because he was super irritating, but it seemed like more hassle than it was worth. And while she found being manhandled by Gerrard somewhat entertaining (because choking an anarchist is totally effective), it was also weird and creepy and still an attempt to make her do something she didn't want to.
-Not getting to do an Epic Kill Steal. She did consider pointing out that she was one of the best people to take on the wraith, but considering the reaction to her pointing out that taking torches to the Underdark is big and clever, it really didn't seem worth it.
-No decent loot. She got a few skull symbols, but that was it.
-Baseless accusations. Apparently those are a massive rage trigger. Mostly because they seemed to imply that she was some sort of idiot (what sort of crappy Secret Follower goes round pointing out the obvious symbols that they're wearing?). Although I think she was mostly annoyed that people thought she was in with Necoctzicoatl (who is a boring loser).
-Missing out of the fae fight. So *close*...
OC Good-
-The Demoralize disease. So very nearly kicked off on the party- if Disease O'Clock had been at a different time, things may have gone rather differently. And badly, because punching a Defender Captain in the face for no damage not only gets you horribly killed, you don't even get to break his nose.
-Waterproof socks. Yes, I've said it a lot over the weekend, and so has everyone else who knows their glory, but my feet were warm and dry for the entirety of the weekend, despite boots soaking through by about five o'clock on Friday.
-Having fun with the IC paranoia, particularly on Sunday morning. Before Theron went 'on patrol' I could have sworn I heard him talking about 'surrounding', and naturally assumed it was Lamoriel he was trying to surround (yes, yes, I know). Then suddenly I couldn't see Anders, and IC logic dictated he was definitely coming to murder me, so there was an awful lot of nonchalant scouting while frantically trying to work out where he was, and where I could run to at any particular moment, without having to go through Theron. Turns out he was in the barn the whole time...
-Paralysis reaction. It's nice to have a different side of the character to roleplay- I don't think anyone really saw it on Future Reverbs and although I'm not sure what the party reaction actually was (except confusion, and Justicey Concern), I hope it had some sort of impact. I'm not sure any of the party realised what the cause was, but they probably dealt with it in the best way they could have under the circumstances. And damnit, there were real tears and everything!
OC Not Good-
-The lingering after effects of the IC paralysis reaction. Particularly during the final battleboard.
-The paralysis. I'm annoyed it took me out of the final fight entirely, especially when I felt like I was playing an effective character for once. I'm annoyed it also resulted in dying with nothing I could do about it. I'm irritated that I forgot/didn't register that it was Steal Life and therefore was likely dead before anyone even checked. Generally, I'm not thrilled (although it's at least partly due to the above point). I expect this week will involve eating terribly, going to bed at a stupidly early hour and leaving the flat as little as possible. I'm looking forward to Sunday when I can at least brute force over it with Nemesis and her Giving No Fucks.
-Hardly doing anything to help with the cooking and clean up. It made a change to play, but I'm not sure the fun of it was enough to balance feeling terrible for everyone else having to do stuff instead.
-Insects. Haven't found any ticks yet, but I do have a fair number of large and varied bites all over.
-Rain. Doesn't help with the makeup or hair. Probably looked slightly less like Worzel Gummidge than usual (travel straighteners were a moderate success) but still pretty grim. Also, wet tent to dry.
The Playlist
Apparently some people were interested as to what was on it. Here are the most Lamoriel-relevant songs (not all are relevant to the 36hr or even the same thing...)
Shadow of Love- The Damned
Ever Fallen In Love- The Buzzcocks
No Mercy- The Stranglers
Vermillion Pt. 2- Slipknot
Love is a Battlefield- Pat Benatar
Wish I Never Loved You- The Buzzcocks
I Just Can't Be Happy Today- The Damned
Smash It Up (Part 2)- The Damned
I Don't Wanna Go On With You Like That- Elton John
I Would Be Your Slave- David Bowie
Paint It Black- Echo and the Bunnymen
I'm not sure what my favourite was- it's between Wish I Never Loved You, which is just perfect, and I Don't Wanna Go On because the subverted meaning (and the resultant increase in camp) just makes me laugh every time I hear it.
I still can't say too much about IC events because I don't know how much has been worked out both IC and OC- I know a number of the monster crew have at least a good idea of what happened and why, but I'm guessing a lot of the players don't, and there's still plenty of mileage in this particular branch of shenanigans. Needless to say, Stuff happened, and although it would have been interesting to see the reactions if Stuff did get brought into the open, there's a good chance Lamoriel would have been entirely unplayable afterwards. As it stands, I'm probably going to continue to only bring her out to personal-plot-relevant and roleplay heavy games, because she's too fragile and has too much Stuff to want to risk herself otherwise. Also, her rank is way higher than I'd like.
Please note that the majority of the following was written this morning when I was in even more of a bad mood. I'm *still* in a relatively bad mood (partly post-larp, partly wanting to beat work to death with a hammer and bury it in a shallow grave), but at least I don't have to go back to work until tomorrow, and I've had a lot of sugary tea since then.
IC Good-
-New shinies! Need to wait for the details to be confirmed, but Hilarity will no doubt ensue and may well make certain things... interesting.
-For a brief moment, feeling Heroic. Dark fifteen? Nope! Now eat fire, bitch!
-Making Friends And Manipulating Paladins
-Still not getting found out for... well, anything at all really. Never let it be said that Lamoriel doesn't occasionally listen to advice (thanks, Spirit Animal!)
-Not taking any filthy healing all weekend (Cure Disease doesn't count... she was totally fine...). And only taking buffs for the last hour or so.
-New IC manipulation material. She's hoping to make some Justice followers feel bad. Their sad is her happy.
IC Not Good-
-The Paralysis. Stupid Bad Future...
-The dying.
-Stupid Defenders trying to tell her what to do and not being able to do anything about it. It was hugely tempting to just murder the Will Defender, because he was super irritating, but it seemed like more hassle than it was worth. And while she found being manhandled by Gerrard somewhat entertaining (because choking an anarchist is totally effective), it was also weird and creepy and still an attempt to make her do something she didn't want to.
-Not getting to do an Epic Kill Steal. She did consider pointing out that she was one of the best people to take on the wraith, but considering the reaction to her pointing out that taking torches to the Underdark is big and clever, it really didn't seem worth it.
-No decent loot. She got a few skull symbols, but that was it.
-Baseless accusations. Apparently those are a massive rage trigger. Mostly because they seemed to imply that she was some sort of idiot (what sort of crappy Secret Follower goes round pointing out the obvious symbols that they're wearing?). Although I think she was mostly annoyed that people thought she was in with Necoctzicoatl (who is a boring loser).
-Missing out of the fae fight. So *close*...
OC Good-
-The Demoralize disease. So very nearly kicked off on the party- if Disease O'Clock had been at a different time, things may have gone rather differently. And badly, because punching a Defender Captain in the face for no damage not only gets you horribly killed, you don't even get to break his nose.
-Waterproof socks. Yes, I've said it a lot over the weekend, and so has everyone else who knows their glory, but my feet were warm and dry for the entirety of the weekend, despite boots soaking through by about five o'clock on Friday.
-Having fun with the IC paranoia, particularly on Sunday morning. Before Theron went 'on patrol' I could have sworn I heard him talking about 'surrounding', and naturally assumed it was Lamoriel he was trying to surround (yes, yes, I know). Then suddenly I couldn't see Anders, and IC logic dictated he was definitely coming to murder me, so there was an awful lot of nonchalant scouting while frantically trying to work out where he was, and where I could run to at any particular moment, without having to go through Theron. Turns out he was in the barn the whole time...
-Paralysis reaction. It's nice to have a different side of the character to roleplay- I don't think anyone really saw it on Future Reverbs and although I'm not sure what the party reaction actually was (except confusion, and Justicey Concern), I hope it had some sort of impact. I'm not sure any of the party realised what the cause was, but they probably dealt with it in the best way they could have under the circumstances. And damnit, there were real tears and everything!
OC Not Good-
-The lingering after effects of the IC paralysis reaction. Particularly during the final battleboard.
-The paralysis. I'm annoyed it took me out of the final fight entirely, especially when I felt like I was playing an effective character for once. I'm annoyed it also resulted in dying with nothing I could do about it. I'm irritated that I forgot/didn't register that it was Steal Life and therefore was likely dead before anyone even checked. Generally, I'm not thrilled (although it's at least partly due to the above point). I expect this week will involve eating terribly, going to bed at a stupidly early hour and leaving the flat as little as possible. I'm looking forward to Sunday when I can at least brute force over it with Nemesis and her Giving No Fucks.
-Hardly doing anything to help with the cooking and clean up. It made a change to play, but I'm not sure the fun of it was enough to balance feeling terrible for everyone else having to do stuff instead.
-Insects. Haven't found any ticks yet, but I do have a fair number of large and varied bites all over.
-Rain. Doesn't help with the makeup or hair. Probably looked slightly less like Worzel Gummidge than usual (travel straighteners were a moderate success) but still pretty grim. Also, wet tent to dry.
The Playlist
Apparently some people were interested as to what was on it. Here are the most Lamoriel-relevant songs (not all are relevant to the 36hr or even the same thing...)
Shadow of Love- The Damned
Ever Fallen In Love- The Buzzcocks
No Mercy- The Stranglers
Vermillion Pt. 2- Slipknot
Love is a Battlefield- Pat Benatar
Wish I Never Loved You- The Buzzcocks
I Just Can't Be Happy Today- The Damned
Smash It Up (Part 2)- The Damned
I Don't Wanna Go On With You Like That- Elton John
I Would Be Your Slave- David Bowie
Paint It Black- Echo and the Bunnymen
I'm not sure what my favourite was- it's between Wish I Never Loved You, which is just perfect, and I Don't Wanna Go On because the subverted meaning (and the resultant increase in camp) just makes me laugh every time I hear it.
no subject
Date: 2015-09-15 11:52 am (UTC)And while I know headweasels are involved, it's okay to not do all of the cooking/clean-up each time, especially when Nat's around as otherwise not part of the game and willing to help out. Majorly appreciated when you do, but in no way obligatory.